Subject: advanced civ game!!

From: "Henry, Rachel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 14:12:22 -0400

Build a vast civilization starting from a single lonely settler! Set up
trade relations with other nations and use your diplomatic skills to define
the borders of your countries! Discover sciences previously unknown, survive
calamaties that would bring other less noble civilizations to their knees,
and win true honor by being the first civilization to progress to greatness!

When:	Sunday, at 3 PM (we may have a rules seminar early for new players)
Where:	223 Renfrew St in Arlington (let me know if you need directions)

Why:	Break in my new copy of the game!
RSVP:	Soon, to reserve a place (up to 8 players can play)

Never heard of it?
Advanced Civilization is a board game (unrelated to Sid Meier's computer
games) that is really, really fun.  (If you like countries and warefare and
that sort of thing.) It tends to be a rather long game -- on the order of
"most of a day" rather than "just a couple hours."  You win by advancing
science, which you do by collecting and trading trade goods (hence the
name). You get trade goods by building cities, which you do by growing and
maintaining your population.  There is some warfare of the non-random
variety (no dice rolls), and a lot of player-player interaction surrounding
the trade goods, which sometimes turn out to be calamities like "flood" or
"pirates" or "epidemic."

Aren't you due soon?
Yes.  If Mr. Baby decides to come before the weekend, the game is probably
cancelled.  We'll let you know.

=rachel emily=

---

From: Susie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 09:43:20 -0700

> RSVP:   Soon, to reserve a place (up to 8 players can play)

Sorry, but we can't make it, we are still in California. Have fun
though.
 
BTW do you remember when we scheduled Rvnequest for? IS it the 17th of
Sept? I think it is that weekend, but I can't remember which date. I
would like to play in a Assassin Guild one-night that weekend if
possible. 

-Susie