Subject: ahah

From: Laura Baldwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:35:29 -0400 (EDT)

Okay, I think the problem was that someone also told me [email-masked]
was your address, and I got mail back from susie@erols saying I had
mailed the wrong person, but we both assumed the problem was with the
rcn/erols end rather than my end.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I think this is everyone who's expressed interest (whew!).  The
plan is to run at least one full arc, Coming Full Circle, and possibly
a second, Realm of Shadows, if there's still interest, with some
character replacement/swappage between the two.  (People who are
familiar with these should raise their hands now!)  Maybe a short
introductory thing before that.

Some initial things:

1) Introductions.  Andy, Tom, Jerry, Charles, Mikka, Susie, and Nick,
   these are Mike and Mike.  Mike and Mike, these are Andy, Tom,
   Jerry, Charles, Mikka, Susie, and Nick.  We'll do this again in
   person some time.  :)

2) When can people run?  I'm inclined to run every couple of weeks,
   plus or minus depending on schedules.  A persistent weekday evening
   would be okay, or attempting to grab weekend days as needed will
   also work.  If everyone's schedules can't be accommodated (everyone
   look at Tom now...) then we'll probably have to cut down to a
   subset of people.

3) Characters.  The run starts some time around 1930.  I'm still
   waiting for Coming Full Circle to arrive, so there may be special
   tweaks which will want to be added, but we can start thrashing out
   basic concepts now.  I'd like there to be a core group of people
   who can actually be considered "investigators", with other people
   being friends/relatives/school buddies/whatever with useful skills
   who can be dragged into interesting situations (such as runs).  I
   suspect that a nine-person sized detective agency is a little
   large.  Not everyone gets to be the eccentric college professor.

4) Character generation will be along the lines of "assign yourself
   reasonable stats, then skills based on that."  People who assign
   themselves all abnormally high stats will be smacked.  :)
   Additionally, everyone can have one "cool shtick" of less-than-epic
   power.  Things like "I know someone just about everywhere" or "I
   subscribe to all the magazines anyone has every heard of" or
   "Machines like me" are good.  "I am bulletproof" is not.  Very
   minimal paranormalities are okay; "hunches" is an okay sort of
   psychic ability; "telekinesis" isn't.  

-Laura

---

From: Susie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:03:59 -0700

> rcn/erols end rather than my end.

Aaah. Tyhta would make sense. For a minute there I was paranoid that my
mail was broken. 

Alas, susie was taken, as erols has a larger user base than Cybercom
did. Sigh.

>    look at Tom now...) then we'll probably have to cut down to a

Wednesdays are bad for me. I have Penumbra on alternate Wednesdays, and
bead meetings once a month just to complicate things. On the first
Thurday of each month I have a board meeting for my bead group, so that
makes Thursdays a little trickier for me.   Tuesdays I work at the bead
store, so I would be able to get to a run before 7pm reliably. Other
than that I am fairly flexible.
 
>    large.  Not everyone gets to be the eccentric college professor.

I just got this email, so I will get back to you in a week or so when I
have some better ideas in mind.

Boy, I am glad we noticed that I didn't get the mail. This could explain
why I didn't get other mail from you as well. Eon was sure you sent the
email about the Blair Witch Project to me as well. Oops. 

Greetings from sunny California!

-Susie

---

From: Laura Baldwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:14:05 -0400

>From the previous replies, I'm likely aiming for running on Mondays
(yay, you can make it too...)

-Laura

---

From: Susie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:36:47 -0700

> (yay, you can make it too...)

Mondays may end up be tricky afterall. The obligation I had seems to
have moved from Thursday to Monday for the next two months. The
Mondays in question are Oct. 4 and Nov. 15. Maybe we can work around
those? 

-Susie

---

From: Susie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 19:50:34 -0700

> (yay, you can make it too...)

any idea on the schedule of Mondays?  Mike Person can no longer make our
regularly scheduled Penumbra runs. He says he can do either Tuesday or
Monday.

I was wondering if we have to do Mondays whether you were going to do an
every other week plan. If so we could alternate weeks. This might be a
mute point if tuesdays are acceptable to everyone.

-Susie