Subject: Bead Opportunity

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 07:44:14 EDT

The following was received by Beadesigner International and is being sent to 
you as a courtesy. Please delete it if you are not interested.

Crystal Blue Beading Company Classes in September
617-923-2337
565 Mt. Auburn St., Watertown, MA

A SAMPLER NECKLACE OF CHAIN STITCHES
Delinda Amura
IT’S BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Unravel the mysteries of beaded chain making. 
Through the construction of an elegant necklace, you will master a multitude 
of stitches to create beautiful chains out of seed beads. Your sampler 
necklace can be worn and enjoyed, but it is also a valuable design tool for 
future projects. Since techniques you will learn in this class are easy to 
combine with other beadwork and needle art pieces, your sampler necklace can 
aid you in choosing the best stitches for each project. In fact, you may not 
know whether to put it in your jewelry box or to keep it handy at your sewing 
table! Come join us to make this graceful and delicate, yet practical, 
chained delight. All skill levels welcome.

CHAIN 9201 2 evenings: Thurs & Fri, September 16 & 17, 6–10 PM, $80

***

BEADED BORDERS
Delinda Amura
Uncover an unbounded world of borders. Learn to finish off any piece of bead 
or fiber work with a variety of beautiful bordering techniques. It’s 
creative, versatile, easy, and a lot of fun. You will make a practical 
sampler in this class to use as a reference for your art projects for years 
to come: just hold your sampler next to your beadwork or fiber art piece to 
help visualize which bordering technique to use. Come and find out just how 
unbridled designing with borders can be! 

BORD 9204 Friday, September 17, 10–5 PM, $75

***

BEZEL–SETTING CABOCHON BEADING TECHNIQUES (one or two day wkshp)
Delinda Amura
ONE-DAY: Delinda will share her original techniques for bezel setting 
cabochons to create a stunning centerpiece for a necklace or a top for a 
dimensional amulet bag. The cabochon is set into an intricate lattice of 
beads which encase the back and fold over to the front edge of the stone. The 
back of the cabochon becomes as beautiful as the front when using Delinda's 
methods. Glass, dichroic glass, crystal, or stone cabochons in any shape may 
be used.

TWO-DAY: Learn all about beading with cabochons in this extensive two-day 
workshop. In addition to the techniques described above, you will learn 
bezel-setting cabochons on top of leather or fabric, and on top of any kind 
of beadwork. Delinda will also cover the usual peyote method for each type of 
setting. Techniques for design elements and the many uses of cabochons will 
be discussed. 

This is a one– or two-day class; you may take just one day if you wish. If 
there is insufficient enrollment for the two-day class, we will hold the 
one–day class only, on Thursday, Sept. 16th. 

ONE-DAY: 
BEZL 9203 Thursday, Sept.  16, 10–5 PM, $75

TWO-DAY: 
BEZL 9202 Wednesday & Thursday, Sept 15 & 16, 10–5 PM, $150

***

“BEYOND THE GATE” AMULET NECKLACE
Advanced Sculptural Peyote
Delinda Amura
This is Part 2 of a two-part class that began in May, open only to students 
who have already taken the first session.

GARD 9109 Sunday, Sept 19, 10–5 PM

“ONE GRECIAN URN” PERFUME NECTAR NECKLACE
Advanced Sculptural Peyote
Delinda Amura
This is Part 2 of a two-part class that began in May, open only to students 
who have already taken the first session.

URN 9108 Saturday, Sept 18, 10–5 PM

***
Other classes this fall:
Carol Straus returns in November
Colleen Willmer offers her amazing Genie Bottles in a two-day extravaganza
More Bead Crochet
Beading necklaces on the new sensation, transparent elastic string
Color Theory
and many surprises!

******

Current Events at Crystal Blue
Show of Loomed Beadwork by Doug Johnson
on display through September 14, 1999

Unstoppable Beading!  Large scale beadwork
by Doug Johnson

Doug believes that there is nothing that can't be beaded, and the bigger the 
better. He has been creating incredible paintings with beads for about thirty 
years, gradually developing his own techniques, refining his skills and 
building his own looms for these enormous compositions. Doug draws his 
inspiration from the beads themselves and his themes from everywhere--nature, 
cityscapes, abstract colors and shapes, even philosophical musings. He is 
forever in search of the elusive synergy that is created when certain beads 
come together in serendipitous ways.

Please join us for a reception with the artist and a free demonstration
Saturday, September 11, 12-4 PM
at Crystal Blue

*******

Don't forget, the Fall 1999 Bead Affaire is coming!
Mark you calendars now.
Saturday, October 16 is the date, from 10 AM to 5 PM
See you there!