TSC employees are eligible to participate in the CWS plan in accordance with the provisions set forth in C. below.
B. Temporary Suspension of the CWS Plan in TSCs
Occasions may arise when the CWS plan must be temporarily suspended as a result of unusual workload needs or an operational exigency. The Employer shall make every reasonable effort to avoid suspension of an employee's tour.
C. CWS Procedures For TSC's
The only form of CWS available is the 5/4/9 plan. It shall be in accordance with the following rules:
1. Employees electing to work the CWS plan will work a fixed shift. This fixed shift assignment will be worked out at the local level.
2. Participants will work the regular workday (e.g., 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) plus 1-hour for 8 days and will work the regular workday for 1 day each pay period.
3. Participants will work eight 9-hour days each pay period.
4. Participants will work one regular 8-hour workday each pay period that corresponds to the normal office hours (e.g., 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
5. Participants will have one non-workday each pay period.
D. Determining the Compressed Schedule Compressed work schedules (CWS) will be designed so that approximately 10 percent of the employees in the office can be off work at one time on a compressed work schedule. However, the Employer may allow an excess of 10 percent of the employees off on any given day. The following is an example of a 5/4/9 schedule:
M T W T F
Monday 0 9 9 9 9 = 36 hours
Group 1 9 9 9 9 9 = 44 hours 80 hours
Monday 9 9 9 9 8 = 44 hours
Group 2 0 9 9 9 9 = 36 hours 80 hours
Tuesday 9 0 9 9 9 = 36 hours
Group 1 9 9 9 9 8 = 44 hours 80 hours