user's line of vision in accordance with ANSI standards.
e. Employees who operate a VDT will, upon request, be provided with adaptive devices such as a padded wrist rest, mouse pads, document holders that have adjustable height and tilt, foot rests, keyboard trays and other appropriate adaptive devices designed to prevent repetitive strain injuries.
a. Excessive impact printer noise shall be reduced by a combination of distance and/or noise reducing techniques, such as noise reducing cover or shield, carpeting, partitions and sound absorbing ceilings and walls. Nevertheless, printers that produce 80db or more shall be in an isolated area.
b. Printers will be placed in a manner so that employees do not have to excessively bend, stoop or reach to remove printed matter.
4. Chairs and Desks
a. The Employer will provide at each terminal, ergonomic adjustable chairs designed to minimize musculoskeletal discomforts. Terminal chairs will have the below listed features:
(1) five legs
(2) swivel capability of 180 degrees
(3) fully adjustable and controls easily operated
(4) seat height adjustable from approximately 16 inches to 20.5 inches
(5) back height three-quarter to full
(6) adjustable incline of back and seat
(7) adjustable lumbar support
(8) free of sharp edges and protrusions
(9) seat and back cushions of a porous cloth covering easily cleaned or replaced
(10) controls readily accessible from a seated position
(11) front edge of seat pan rounded downward
(12) seat pan 15 inches wide and 17 inches deep
(13) upholstery will be compressible at a minimum in the range of approximately 1/2" to 1"
At least one work surface of a workstation shall be user adjustable to accommodate different surface heights for the monitor and the keyboard. The surface adjustment controls of the work surface which holds the monitor and keyboard shall be readily accessible and easy to operate.