D. Bargaining will begin no later than twenty-one (21) calendar days after the date of receipt of the notice of change.
E. Bargaining at this subcomponent level involving an OHA, OPIR or Field Operations Region will not exceed four (4) working days. Bargaining involving OHA (Headquarters), an individual DOC, or an individual PSC will not exceed five (5) working days. These timeframes will include necessary travel, preparation, actual bargaining, and mediation.
F. The Administration will pay travel expenses and per diem for two (2) employee Union negotiators or for a larger number to provide parity with the number of negotiators used by management for bargaining at the OHA, OPIR and FO Regional level if the negotiators are drawn from within the region. Travel expenses and per diem are not authorized for negotiations at OHA (Headquarters) or an individual DOC or PSC. Payment of travel expenses and per diem will be governed by applicable law, rule, and regulation.
Section 5--Installation Level: Field Offices (Level 4)
A. Consultations and bargaining at the installation level will be held in accordance with the applicable appendix in Article 30 and arrangements in this article that include:
1. Notice of proposed changes will normally be in writing.
2. In FO installations, bargaining will commence within five (5) working days after the end of the consultation phase. Bargaining at this level will not exceed 3 working days (5 working days for major changes such as office closings or relocation). This bargaining period will include necessary travel, preparation, actual bargaining and mediation.
3. The Union will be entitled to up to two (2) negotiators (but not less than the number of management negotiators) designated by the appropriate Union official. Official time shall be granted in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 7131(a) and this agreement.
4. The Administration agrees to pay travel expenses and per diem for up to two (2) Union negotiators or for a larger number to provide parity with the number of management negotiators in travel status, if the Union negotiators are drawn from within the region and component involved. Payment of travel expenses and per diem will be governed by applicable law, rule, and regulation.
5. The ground rules set forth in the appendix to this article apply to bargaining at the local installation level.