6. When an announcement is made that an office will open late, regular employees on flextime and affected by the announcement will revert to a prescribed fixed shift for that day. Flextime will be canceled. If the announcement is made too late to effectively cancel flextime for all employees, employees who report and begin to work will be permitted to leave when they have completed the number of hours in their scheduled workday, provided they continue to work, or the end of their established fixed shift, whichever comes first. Those employees will be entitled to work credit hours/AWS.
7. The provisions of PMS Chapter S630, Subchapter 1, Appendix N dated 11/30/76 will apply for hazardous weather and emergency situations/issues not addressed in this section
Section 4--Sick Leave
A. Employees may use sick leave accrued in accordance with the statute and regulation of the Office of Personnel Management in the following situations:
o Incapacity due to illness or injury.
o Medical, dental, optical or surgical examination or treatment.
o Incapacity due to pregnancy or confinement.
o Required to give care and attendance to a member of the immediate family who is afflicted with a contagious disease. Contagious disease means a disease which is ruled as subject to quarantine, isolation or restricted movement as prescribed by the health authorities having jurisdiction.
o Presence at the post of duty would jeopardize the health of others because of exposure to a contagious disease as described above.
1. Employees normally shall not be required to furnish a medical certificate to substantiate a request for approval of sick leave unless sick leave exceeds three consecutive workdays.
2. In cases where the nature of the illness is such that an employee did not need to see a medical practitioner, a medical certificate may not be required if the employee provides an acceptable explanation.
3. An employee with a chronic medical condition that does not require medical treatment but does result in periodic absences from work for