4. In applying the above designated areas of consideration, the following criteria will be applied:
a. When a position is established at the grade of full performance level, together with one or more trainee grades, the grade of the full performance level will be used to determine the area of consideration for the trainee positions regardless of the grade at which it is being filled at any given time.
b. The term "regionwide" includes those installations within all components within the geographical regional area.
The following relationship exists between SSA/OHA Headquarters and SSA Region III (Philadelphia): For positions in the Philadelphia Region, the term "regionwide" includes SSA Headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland and OHA Headquarters in Falls Church, Virginia.
The following relationships exist between the Regions and the Program Service Centers:
(1) For positions in the Northeastern PSC, the term "SSA regionwide" includes both the Boston and New York regions. Similarly, for both the Boston and New York regions, the term includes the Northeastern PSC.
(2) For positions in the Mid-America PSC, the term "SSA regionwide" includes both the Kansas City and Dallas regions. Similarly, for both the Kansas City and Dallas regions, the term includes the Mid-America PSC.
(3) For positions in the Western PSC, the term "SSA regionwide includes the Denver, Seattle, and San Francisco regions. Similarly, the Denver, Seattle and San Francisco regions, the term includes the Western PSC.
c. The Term "commuting areawide" includes those installations within the geographical area in which employees can reasonably be expected to travel to and from work on a daily basis. For purposes of this article, SSA Headquarters and OHA Headquarters are considered to be in the same commuting area.
5. Reducing the Area of Consideration.
a. Mandatory Reduction--Where a position is reengineered to a higher grade, the area of consideration must be restricted to those employees performing the duties which form the basis for the higher