8. Career ladder promotions following noncompetitive conversion of a cooperative education student in accordance with the requirements of applicable OPM policy.
9. Promotion of an employee covered by an approved training agreement.
10. Promotion of an employee placed competitively in a trainee position.
B. Reassignments/Changes to Lower Grade - A reassignment or change to lower grade to a position that does not provide specialized X-118 or X-118C experience that the employee does not already have and is required for subsequent promotion to a designated higher grade position, or to a position having no known promotional potential may be taken on a noncompetitive basis.
C. Details - The following details may be made on a noncompetitive basis:
l. Details of 120 days or less to a higher grade position (see Section 16 of this article).
2. Details of 120 days or less to a position at the same or lower grade with known promotional potential, or to a position which provides specialized X-118 or X-118C experience required for subsequent promotion to a designated higher graded position.
3. Details to a position at the same or lower grade with no known promotion potential, or to a position which does not provide specialized X-118 or X-118C experience required for subsequent promotion to a designated higher graded position.
4. Details to unclassified duties.
Promotional credit, or points, will not be given for such details.
D. Other Noncompetitive Actions
1. Conversion of an employee from a temporary promotion to a permanent promotion in the same position and office, provided the vacancy announcement for the temporary promotion indicated that the promotion could later become permanent.
2. Selection from an OPM approved register.
3. Transfer of a Federal employee or reinstatement of a former Federal employee (including conversion to reinstatement from a temporary