The purpose of this article is to provide a mutually acceptable method for the prompt and equitable settlement of grievances filed by bargaining unit employee(s), the Union or the Administration.
Section 2--Coverage and Scope
A grievance means any complaint:
A. by an employee(s) concerning any matter relating to the employment of the employee;
B. by the Union concerning any matter relating to the employment of any employee; or
C. by any employee(s), the Union or the Administration concerning:
1. the effect or interpretation, or a claim of breach, of a collective bargaining agreement; or
2. any claimed violation, misinterpretation or misapplication of any law, rule or regulation affecting conditions of employment.
D. Grievances on the following matters are excluded from the scope of this procedure:
1. any claimed violation of 5 U.S.C. 73 relating to prohibited political activities;
2. retirement, life insurance or health insurance;
3. a suspension or removal under 5 U.S.C. 7532 relating to national security;
4. any examination, certification, or appointment; or
5. the classification of any position which does not result in the reduction in grade or pay of an employee.