This program can help AFGE members, and their children and their parents take care of their complete mortgage and real estate needs. The whole application process can be handled over the phone, through one of the program's expert mortgage and real estate counselors.
Here is what Union Member Mortgage and Real Estate offers:
* Special help for qualified first-time home buyers
* A $250 application-fee rebate, designed to help reduce closing costs
* Savings on the real estate commission paid to participating real estate agents
* Extra savings if you both buy and sell your home through the program
* Special assistance for program mortgage holders who are having problems making mortgage payments
* The ability to apply for a mortgage from home, over the phone