- "The AT symbol" (firstname.lastname@example.org is pronounced "Mike at foo dot com")<
- Bcc: -
- "Blind Carbon Copy"
- Cc: -
- "Carbon Copy"
- Elm -
- "Electronic Mail for UNIX"
- Fcc: -
- "File Carbon Copy"
- O.K. -
- abbreviation of "oll korrect", alteration of "all correct" : all right. Mutilple emails (see contrib list) have indicated
that the abreviation O.K. was not an english expression, they claim that
the term came from the germans during the W W II, because the merchandise
that they used in war was revised and stamp with a seal stating OLL
KORRECT, so the abreviation for those words were O.K.
- .(sp?) -
- abbreviation of "spelling?"
. Often placed after a word the author is unsure of the spelling and dosent
want to run a spell checker. Example: I went to thier (sp?) house for dinner.
- P.S. -
- "Post Script"
- PovRay -
- "Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer"
- Re: -
- "Regarding". Often used in mail software.
- Req: -
Copyright (C) Patrick Amato 1997.
All rights reserved.